…stands for Check It Out, the name for the Library’s new monthly news page for tweens ‘n teens. Every month, you can read about the newest books, movies, programs, and Internet news just for you. Pick up a free copy on the shelf in the
Young Adult nonfiction section, or download a PDF copy right here!
DoSomething.org invites you to apply for a scholarship and help your community at the same time.
$7,500 Fight Hunger in Your Community Scholarship - To qualify for the $7,500 scholarship, collect 10 jars of peanut butter, jam or any other non-perishable and submit a photo of them to DoSomething online. For every ten items donated, you are entered into the lottery once, no limit on the number of entries you can earn.
Have you read the book Divergent by Veronic Roth? Seen the movie? Then it's time to have more Divergent fun!
Try these suggestions:
- Read the next two books in the Divergent series: Insurgent and Allegiant
- Vist the Divergent Fans Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/DivergentSeries
- Take the Faction Aptitude Test: http://www.facebook.com/DivergentSeries/app_203946119628644
- CHECK OUT these series that are like Divergent:
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
- The Lorien Legacies series by Pittacus Lore
- Legend series by Marie Lu
- The Tiger Saga series by Colleen Houck
- Delirium, Pandemonium and Requiem by Lauren Oliver
- Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare
- Heist Society series by Ally Carter
Attention High School Freshmen! You may have heard that you will be the first class to take the new, redesigned SAT. Here are the basic changes:
- The SAT will be offered in print and, at selected locations, on computer.
- There will be three sections: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, Math, and the Essay.
- The length of the SAT will be about three hours, with an added 50 minutes for the essay. Precise timing will be finalized after further research.
- The exam will once again be scored on a 400- to 1600-point scale. The Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section and the Math section will each be scored on a 200- to 800-point scale. Scores for the Essay will be reported separately.
To find out more, visit:
Teens 'n Tweens--Save the Date!!
Celebrate the launch of the movie Divergent--coming to a theater near you on March 21! Based on the book by Veronica Roth, Divergent is a thrilling adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities. Join us at the Library for munchies, and find out whether you're Selfless, Inteligent, Brave, Peaceful, Honest...or Divergent. Attendance is free, but registration is required. To sign up, please call 973-728-2822 or email email@example.com.
Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 3:00pm to 4:00pm