Do you love to write? Then you will love our monthly Writing Kits!
Every month, we publish a new kit with ideas to spark your writing imagination. These ideas come straight from professional authors, and you can use them anytime you need inspiration.
The kits are free to take home; you get to keep your work...there is nothing for you to hand in.
Pick up a copy in the library's Young Adult section, or download one right here:
…stands for Check It Out, the name for the Library’s new monthly news page for tweens ‘n teens. Every month, you can read about the newest books, movies, programs, and Internet news just for you. Pick up a free copy on the shelf in the
Young Adult nonfiction section, or download a PDF copy right here!
DoSomething.org invites you to apply for a scholarship and help your community at the same time.
$7,500 Fight Hunger in Your Community Scholarship - To qualify for the $7,500 scholarship, collect 10 jars of peanut butter, jam or any other non-perishable and submit a photo of them to DoSomething online. For every ten items donated, you are entered into the lottery once, no limit on the number of entries you can earn.
Have you read the book Divergent by Veronic Roth? Seen the movie? Then it's time to have more Divergent fun!
Try these suggestions:
- Read the next two books in the Divergent series: Insurgent and Allegiant
- Vist the Divergent Fans Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/DivergentSeries
- Take the Faction Aptitude Test: http://www.facebook.com/DivergentSeries/app_203946119628644
- CHECK OUT these series that are like Divergent:
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
- The Lorien Legacies series by Pittacus Lore
- Legend series by Marie Lu
- The Tiger Saga series by Colleen Houck
- Delirium, Pandemonium and Requiem by Lauren Oliver
- Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare
- Heist Society series by Ally Carter