The West Milford Township Library (WMTL) recently became an affiliate member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM). By joining this nationwide network of medical libraries and information centers, we have enhanced access to materials you can use to make informed decisions about your health.
Looking for information on careers in the health field? Visit our health careers page.
NEWSLETTERS, MAGAZINES, VIDEOS, BLOGS & REPORTS
ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEMS
– Atlanticast : a local news source for all things happening at Atlantic Health System’s hospitals and the communities they serve. New episodes are released every two weeks, covering everything from our state-of-the-art facilities and groundbreaking treatments to healthy lifestyle tips and health care industry trends.
– New Vitality: A source for health and wellness programs specifically for adults 65+
– AtlanticView Kids: a publication of Goryeb Children’s Hospital and is published bi-annually by Atlantic Health System, specifically for the Morristown, Overlook and Newton medical center communities. The focus is on children from birth through age 21.
– Atlantic View Magazine for Chilton Medical Center
– Atlantic View Magazine for Hackettstown Medical Center
– Atlantic View Magazine for Morristown Medical Center
– Atlantic View Magazine for Newton Medical Center
– Atlantic View Magazine for Overlook Medical Center
Cancer Currents: A National Cancer Institute Research Blog
National Toxicology Program Report:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released the 14th Report on Carcinogens on November 3, 2016. The Report on Carcinogens is a congressionally mandated, science-based, public health document that NTP prepares for the HHS Secretary. This cumulative report currently includes 248 listings of agents, substances, mixtures, and exposure circumstances that are known or reasonably anticipated to cause cancer in humans.
|WEST MILFORD PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING DIVISION
– Preventive health services including health screenings and immunizations for children and adults
– Office Hours are 8:30 – 4:30 p.m. most days
– Please call 973-728-2726 Monday through Friday to schedule appointments
WEST MILFORD HEALTH ADVISORY BOARD
HOTLINES & EMERGENCY HELP
– DISASTER HOTLINE: 1-800-985-5990
– NATIONAL COUNCIL ON SENIORS DRUG & ALCOHOL REHAB 1-877-888-0552: Free, confidential
DRUG ABUSE & ADDICTION – HELPFUL INFORMATION
– AIDSVu: Find testing, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), and care services near you.
These animated videos show the anatomy of body parts and organ systems and how diseases and conditions affect them
|COMMON & SEASONAL AILMENTS
– Allergic Reactions
– Insect Bites and Stings
– Understanding Food Allergies
– Food Allergies (NIAID)
– Cold, Flu or Allergy?
– Flu Symptoms & Complications
– Cold Versus Flu
– What is Mindfulness?
– Can Living in the Moment Improve Your Health?
– New Jersey Aging & Disability Resource Connection
– Eldercare Locator, a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families. You can also reach us at 1-800-677-1116.
– National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
– National Institute on Aging
– Cutting Edge Research from the NIH: New Evidence Suggests Aging Brains Continue to Make New Neurons [Posted on April 10, 2018 by Dr. Francis Collins]
– You’re Never Too Old to Keep Active
– Aging and Health: Every Older Person is Different
– World Health Organization (WHO): Ageing and Life-Course
– Talking With Your Doctor – Make the Most of Your Appointment
– Getting Started With Medicare
– National Council on Seniors Drug & Alcohol Rehab
– Falls Prevention
– Dealing With Dementia
– Coping with Caregiving
– Osteoporosis in Aging
– The Aches of Arthritis
– Your Aging Eyes
– Clinical eCompanion”: Free clinical information from NLM geared toward primary care providers.
– Health Reach:Culturally relevant information in multiple languages and formats about health conditions and wellness topics
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES:
– CDC: National Center for Environmental Health
– EPA: US Environmental Protection Agency
– CEOHS: NJ Consumer, Environmental and Occupational Health Service