As part of the mission of the West Milford Township Library, which is to meet the informational, educational and recreational needs of the residents of the Township, the Library makes available free access to the Internet. Non-card holders can request access at the reference desk.
The Library endorses the American Library Association Bill of Rights and all library users are provided equal access to resources available on the Internet.
Since the Internet is an unregulated medium, not all of its sources provide accurate, complete or current information. Each user must accept responsibility for determining which information is appropriate. Parents or guardians of minors are responsible for the information accessed by their children, and are advised to supervise their children’s Internet use while at the Library.
Internet computers may not be used for fraudulent or unlawful purposes, including inappropriate behavior which violates local, state or federal law. Certain web sites are not suitable to a public library setting. Viewing of these sites is inappropriate.
The staff has the authority to terminate an Internet session at any time due to loud and disruptive behavior, downloading software, invading system security or damaging equipment. Continuing disregard for viewing or usage policies will result in revocation of Internet privileges. Anyone mishandling hardware or software will be charged for repairs.
POLICY FOR USING PUBLIC COMPUTERS
- Internet sessions may be reserved by phone or in person.
- Up to 180 minutes per day may be reserved.
- Users may not use another borrower’s card to reserve or log in to computers.
- If the person holding a reserve on a computer does not show after 10 minutes, the computer becomes available to other users. Users must vacate workstations when session ends.
- Settings or software configurations cannot be altered. Only software installed by the Library may be used.
- All applications must be closed when finished. Do not shut down computers.
- Black and white printouts are $.15 per page; color printouts are $ .25 per page. Copies must be paid for at the reference desk.
- All Internet workstations are turned off 10 minutes before closing.